The Children's Community Nursing Team provides a range of services to support children and young people who require skilled nursing support in their own home, school, clinic or a community setting.
They are a team of specialist children's nurses and healthcare assistants who provide a range of services for children with complex, chronic or acute healthcare needs.
The care will be delivered by fully trained and competent professionals working in partnership with the children and families in the location most suitable.
What we offer
- High quality nursing service to enable early, safe planned discharge from hospital and to prevent unnecessary admissions.
- To act as a link between primary and secondary care and support and encourage the development of partnership working.
We support children and young people with acute, chronic and complex health care needs to live as full a life as possible. Providing a flexible, comprehensive service that meets the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of the children and young people, their families and carers.
We help the children achieve their full potential by working in partnership with them, their family, education, children’s services and other voluntary organisations.
Who do we see?
The Children’s Community Nursing Service assess and manage the needs of children aged 0-19 years with:
- acute and short term conditions
- long term conditions
- disabilities and complex conditions, including those requiring continuing care and neonates
- life-limiting and life-threatening illness, including those requiring palliative and end of life care.
The child should be registered with a Bexley GP.
You can contact us to ask about a referral or for advice.