Bexley Voice is the Parent Carer Forum for Bexley and a member of the National Network of Parent Carer Forums.
We are a voluntary group of parents and carers of children and young people (age 0-25) with special needs and disabilities (SEND) living in the London Borough of Bexley.
We signpost, support and empower families to obtain the best possible care and services.
We provide an opportunity for parent and carers to express their views and input into the planning and delivering of SEND services.
- Offer free membership for parents, carers and professionals.
- Attend regular meetings with service providers, such as Bexley Council, providing feedback to them about the needs that our children and young people have.
- Provide a central consultation point for any organisation that needs advice on children or young people with special needs and/or disabilities.
- Signpost parents and carers who need contact information for local and national organisations, groups and charities.
- Organise workshops and seminars.
- Run a regular parent carer support group, Tea and Talk, offering both daytime and evening groups.
- Support families by telephone, email and via our large information website and secret Facebook group.
- Became a registered charity in 2011.